Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Neetu Chandra : Confident About Her Dancing Skills



After attempting a mujra a la ageless beauty Rekha in Sadiyaan, actress Neetu Chandra is yearning to set the dance floor on fire like international divas Jennifer Lopez and Shakira and prove that she can dance better than most other actresses in Bollywood.

"I am sure I can dance better than most other actresses in the film industry. But it's just that they get the chance to show their moves," Neetu told IANS on phone from her hometown Patna.

"Unfortunately, my choice of films has been such that they hardly have any scope for dancing numbers. But I have a long way to go and I am just waiting to get a spicy song.

"I would love to do a commercial dance number and move like Jennifer Lopez and Shakira. Their style is lovely. And any such change would be great fun for me," she added.

The actress, who received rave reviews for her performances in National Award winning films like Traffic Signal and Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, learnt Kathak in school and is currently taking lessons in western dancing.

Neetu is a huge Madhuri Dixit fan and says she would love to dance on songs like "Choli ke peechhe".

"She was a class apart. The kind of music came in her days is no longer composed in the industry. Songs like Choli ke peechhe' and Dhak dhak karne lagaa were amazing. I would have loved to perform on those numbers. I know I can never be Madhuri Dixit, but even if people say I'm 10 percent of her, I would feel my efforts have paid off," she said.

Among the latest numbers, the 33-year-old says she she could have done a good job in songs like Chhaliya Chhaliya and Happening, originally performed by Kareena Kapoor and Preity Zinta respectively.

Nevertheless, she says both of them did a fabulous job.

Don't you fear being tagged as an item girl after featuring in an item song?

"I can never be tagged as an item girl because I have lost that opportunity. I never got a chance to dance. I hope filmmakers cast me for a dance number soon. All seven films that I have done have been performance based. There was no space for me to do any dance in them," she said.

But Neetu will do an item nunber only if the script will demand so.

"All actresses - Aishwarya, Preity Zinta, Rani Mukerji - have all done item numbers. They can dance, but they did it only when the script required it. So I would love to do it when a script requires me to do it. I am not afraid of being put into an image of an item girl - because I keep breaking my own image with every film."

Her forthcoming projects are Khusar Parsad Ke Bhoot, Anees Bazmee's No Problem and Barnali Shukla's Kuch Love Jaisa. She also has a Tamil project in her kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment